Recently I’m thinking about a new series of paintings. Dutch Brands. The paintings are going to be on a size of 60 x 60 cm. And as usual the subjects will be shown close-up and trimmed.
All the brands have to have some things in common:
• I have to remember from my youth, because my mother bought them
• I still drink or eat them
• I still buy them myself too
This evening I’m going to photograph the first three, brands tham immediately came too mind.
• Douwe Egberts, I drink their coffee every day
• Calvé, we always have a jar of peanut butter in the house
• Verkade, I love their chocolate bars
I will show some results of the photo session in a little while.
Now it’s time for a cup of Douwe Egberts coffee 🙂